Saturday, February 17, 2007

Knitting and Running into Spring


The Canadiana cardigan is moving along. The back is finished and I'm working on the fronts, both at the same time. I finished the ribbing today and I'm already on the stockinette. And the gauge karma hasn't bitten me back yet, so... so far so good.

The Fugazi socks will be finished up soon I hope. I love how the toe and heel of each sock both kind of mimic the other sock, yet aren't exactly the same. I know if I cared I could have probably made them the same, but I like them a little different.


I'm hoping to finish them soon because I have a March knitting event coming up. FiberFlix is a really neat group where we watch different types of movies and discuss them in the online forums. I am a big, big movie lover, so just the process of voting on movies and picking new ones for each month is something I get totally interested in. March is going to be really neat because for the first time there's a little knit-along to go with the films. The films are Run Lola Run and Logan's Run. And to go with the films people can choose to knit either Jaywalker socks orRPM socks. I think I'm going to knit Jaywalkers-I know I'm probably the last person in the blogosphere left who has not knit them. I like the mostly-stockinette look of them and I'm excited to try the pattern. If anyone has any tips on knitting these please let me know-especially if you made the larger size. I have to knit the larger ones and I'm hoping that they will be big enough and I won't have to upsize them more. I don't have dainty little feet and I've heard these socks can come out kind of narrow. So today I started the planning for the socks. The first big question-which yarn to use?


This was a quick survey of some of the sock yarn I have to chose from. (See why I'm trying to cut back on buying the sock yarn a little? That's 6 pairs right there and that's not even all of it!) Right now I think I'm mostly leaning towards either the Patons Patonyle in the lower left corner or the pink Trekking XXL. The pink is really pink and how it ever ended up in my stash is really beyond me. I'm really not much of a pink person at all. But it's there and I love it just as much as the rest of the sock yarn. I think I'm favoring those 2 because I think the colors will look good with the pattern and also they are kind of spring-y colors. And you know, spring will be here before we even know it...

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That Fiberflix sounds like a ton of fun!

I do like that Socks That Rocks yarn...must get some of that. Im really into blues right now too. So I vote for that yarn!

Tracy said...

I was going to say use the stuff on the top right )maroon and blues) but I changed my mind - USE THE PINK! It's so different from what you normally pick I think it will be fun to mix things up a little. Pluse Run Lola Run is a very vividly colored movie so it will match --- if you can match a movie. And, yes it's springy. OK that's my 65 cents :-)

Anonymous said...

Use the pink. Trekking is tough enough to withstand a bit of frogging if you don't like how it's coming out. E-mail Grumperina directly with your size concerns and she may be able to connect you with someone who has made the larger size. She's good like that.

Kari said...

I love the color on the cardigan that you are making. The socks are also very nice. I have not made the Jawalker pattern yet either. And on the sock yarn i like the red one in the bottom right corner, although they would all make a nice pair of socks.

Cathi said...

I love that Trekking!

Sock yarn is just dangerous stuff.

Sachi said...

Pink trekking. And my only advice is to try them on. Often. Like every inch. If it starts going badly, you'll know quickly. Just remember that they don't stretch. At all.