Saturday, September 09, 2006

Star Wars! Knitting with Star Wars!!!!

I have no idea why but for some reason Star Wars keeps coming up a lot in my life these days. Yes, I do suppose I have always been somewhat of a Star Wars-nerd-wannabe. Yes my face lights up at random references to Admiral Akbar or Uncle Owen. But I am still wayyy lacking the knowledge it would take to be a true Star Wars Nerd. Nevertheless, for some reason these days Star Wars is everywhere! First, there was the time we went to see Clerks and I met my friend the storm trooper. Then- I breathlessly followed the progress of this hat on the blog So Much Yarn, so Little Time!


How cool is that!!! Then I saw a commercial the other night for a new Star Wars Lego video game. Ok I know what you're thinking-you're thinking boy that's pretty random-Star Wars and Legos in a video game. I'm not into the video game stuff myself but I did find that they have actual Star Wars Legos and you just have to agree that these things are completely adorable!!! Look-there's a little Darth Vader!

And here's Chewie fixing C3PO after he found him in the trash!


Sigh... Only thing is there's no way to purchase just the character mini-figurines. You have to get like whole sets where you put the Death Star together and stuff like that, and the little guys come with them. And the sets are beaucoup bucks, way more than I can pay for little plastic guys right now, so we will have to see, maybe Santa will find some for me.

Oh and of course there's the knitting/Star Wars reference that came up today. I havent listened to the latest episode of Cast-on yet but of course I noticed the pattern for this in the show notes



It's a Princess Leia Hat!!!! Neat-O!!! You have to agree again- totally, totally dorky but-will definitely keep your ears warm! Sigh...

I think I'll keep my knitting just a little bit more simple for now... The Schaeffer Elaine I had purchased a few weeks ago is on the needles


It's the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf Pattern by Karen Baumer. It's really fun, it's going so fast on those size 13's of course. And I think it will come out nice. I really like the simplicity of it, one big skein of yarn, simple pattern, big needles, very relaxing...

6 comments:

Karin said...

That Leia hat is the coolest thing I have ever seen!!

Jodi said...

I love how the "Elaine" is knitting up! I was surprised to see the picture, since I'm just seaming up a baby sweater knit with Elaine AND I'm knitting a multidirectional scarf right now (in Adreinne Vittadini's Nadia). Small world...

I'll have to post pics of both the sweater and the scarf.

Tracy said...

You don't hear Darth and crew refered to as adorable very often :-)
That is so cool and scary all at once. If I saw you wearing it I would be forced to laugh. MAybe for a little girl but once you have a 401K you can't wear that anymore.

Tracy said...

hat, that hat....

Kari said...

I love the first hat! Star Wars is pretty cool.

Sayward said...

Hahaha! That hat is terribly wonderful! Yes, I'm an old-school, full on Star Wars geek. I just haven't found the right pattern to combine my two favourite obsessions but I'm always on the lookout.