Monday, September 04, 2006

The morning after...

The knitting group and co. came over yesterday for a barbecue. I have no pictures to share but that is ok because trust me it was a very fun time. We ate and laughed a lot. We had great weather and very nice red wine and terrific deserts. It must have been good because this morning I totally had to flake on the gym and I know a couple times I had to ask the husband to please talk a little quieter... Yes, very, very fun...

Between the quiet house and large glasses of water I did manage to finish these


Hats for charity. Hopefully to be mailed off sooner than later. Last Tuesday I finished the green one first and wanted throw the yarn that was leftover away. But the knitting group talked me out of it which was smart, because after I made the pink one I had just enough left of each other to make the one with the stripe. And now hopefully these will warm 3 heads and not just 2.

In gifty-swappy news you can see I have a new button the sidebar for the Knitters Tea Swap. I have to admit I've been stalking this swap forever waiting for the new round to start. We're big tea drinkers round here and this just looks so cool to me. Also to follow soon I'll be posting my answers to the questionnaire for the Punk Rock Gift Exchange. You will then probably know more about me than I want to know about myself. But that's probably what is going to make it such an awesome exchange. Looks like I better get to shopping! Yay!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! How nice of you to make things for charity :).

Anonymous said...

Im so glad you had a good time, you have had it coming...

:)

Tracy said...

Told you the hat would look cute with a stripe :-)

Thanks again for having us over yesterday it was a blast. You guys are seriously kick-ass hosts and chefs!!!

Kari said...

I really like the pink and green hat.

EK said...

I don't know how I missed this on bloglines, but the hats look great. Sunday was the perfect day for the BBQ. Next time, I'll try to get some of the famous ribs.