Sunday, June 24, 2007

A set and a sock

Maybe I'm taking this Peaches and Creme thing too far... First, a bunch of washcloths, then I did 2 baby bibs. Then 2 burp cloths. Then I reached in to the stash and realized there was yarn for a burp cloth that would match the catepillar buttons on the bibs perfectly!



But, orange and green? I know, it's pretty loud. And a big step away from the blue/green theme of the baby set so far. Not that I'm trying to follow a blue/green theme for a particular baby at all. In fact this might not get gifted for awhile. My sister has had some problems with her pregnancy of late and it looks like she won't be having a baby next January as planned after all. I don't want to go into any of the details here but things just haven't gone well. So she has some waiting to do now before trying to get pregnant again. But she & her husband really do want another baby, and say they do want to try again when they can. So I think the baby set will be gifted eventually, just probably later than planned. In the meantime I think my niece has been distracting everyone with fun stuff, like discovering just how wonderful water can be in the summertime...



In other news I'm making progress using up the sock yarn. I finished one of the Waterfall Socks.



Like I mentioned before I love this pattern. It's pretty and stretchy and fits wonderfully. I knit it exactly as the pattern reads and I just could not be happier with it! I think this was the only sock pattern I've purchased from KnitSpot. Hmm... I'm going to have to go back and check for more. Especially judging the amount of sock yarn I still have. And my surgery is later this week... Hopefully I won't be too out of it to knit, if I feel good enough to knit, I bet I could really turn out some good stuff!

3 comments:

BEESTLYproducts said...

i think u need a cotton intervention..... lolz!

Tracy said...

That picture is awsome! Could her expression be any better? And those chubby baby legs?
"I could just eat her up!" "No, no, too young." (Adam's Family movie quote, don't mind me)

sunneshine said...

I hope the surgery goes well and is not too painful! I can't wait to see what you are going to make while you recover!!

Adorable photo of your niece!