Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Take some time and grow the tomatoes



Check this out
!!! Looks like I'm not that only person around with a Recession Garden! Can you believe Burpee.com saying sales of seeds and plants are up 40%? 40%! Who says there's no recession? And if finances aren't enough reason to grow your own now it looks like it might be one of the best ways to avoid getting salmonella this summer. I figure at this rate by the time the FDA figures out what happened hopefully I'll be sliding slices of one of these in between some whole wheat bread and mayo. Yum!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

And don't forget about fried green tomatoes, Yum-Me!

BEESTLYproducts said...

i think my pea plants are dying!!!!
mail me some tomatoes????

sunneshine said...

I love the way tomato plants smell - that is one of my favorite parts of gardening - that and the great eating!