Sunday, August 07, 2005

Home stuff, lovey stuff...

So this has been a pretty good week. This first week of August has seen this...


Become these...


Just some simple dishcloths/washcloths. Regular old sugar and cream yarn. They will be put with a gift card for home depot as a housewarming gift for my sister and her husband who just moved into their new house in Orlando, Florida. I am so excited for them, but if my 3 years of homeownship have taught me anything so far it's that you can never have too much money to spend at home depot and you can never have too many of these cloths.

The white one is an adaptation of the horseshoe cable as demonstrated on an episode of knitty gritty on the diy network. The 2 yellow cloths are "Grandmother's Favorite" and the "Honeycomb" patterns from my favorite, favorite dishcloth site. These cloths are so pleasing in the simplicity and utility. I encourage anyone who picks up a pair of needles to make a few in their day.

On another note I need to be a little sentimental. Emily from my knitting group got married yesterday! How cool is it that we got to be there to share that with her!


We wish her only the best. It was a great time and it was so wonderful to see her and John so happy together. There was lots of love, love, love. And how cool was it when people asked how we knew her to be able to say "We're in her knitting group!" Everyone knows knitting is very near and dear to my heart but a lot of times this is what it's about too. Not so much the knitting, or the finished objects, but just hanging out together, being girls, laughing a lot, going through our days...

No comments: