Sunday, August 28, 2005

This sucks...

What sucks? This sucks...


Now I have learned why not many people knit gloves. When I saw the pattern I was like, of course that makes sense. And when I saw someone saying on knitlist or something somewhere that they couldn't be bothered with all the fingers I was like whatever! Ah well, so now we have another lesson learned. Note how tiny the little finger is, too small for me to actually get my pinky in there. So then I figured I could make the ring finger fit better by picking up some extra stitches at the bottom, except now it looks like a stupid hot dog finger or something. Whatever! I guess it did what I set out for it to do- used up stash. I just never thought it would turn into garbage so quickly.

On a better note one of gigantor's socks is finished...


I swear this photo does not accurately represent the ginormity of the sock. Yet when hubby puts it on it fits fine and the heel is even a little shallow for him. I'll have to change that if I make another pair. For now I'll just start on the mate and see how much wear these get when they're actually finished. That will have to be deciding factor on the future sock gifts for him.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

hot dog finger. man flops. goodtimes.