Monday, September 05, 2005

Fiberlicious goodness...

So I've begun my new work situation and so far so good. So of course with the improvement in pay a fiber influx is to be expected...


It's Andean Silk from Knitpicks in Slate and isn't it pretty? The one missing ball is on it's way to a cardigan for myself (more on that later)... I'm very pleased with it as I am with most of the stuff from Knitpicks. So far it's extremely soft but still seems to have enough body to it to make it as a cardigan. I guess from shipping the balls/skeins/whatever get kind of squashed into this funny flattened hot dog shape


But it doesn't seem to affect the yarn coming out of the skein whatsoever. I also purchased another skein of Rocky Mountain Dusk Sock Landscape yarn to be a pair for the lone skein in my stash. And I spent a whopping $1.50 on a very savvy piece of marketing from Knitpicks which will probably earn much more of my money

This is the color card for Andean silk. The pictures kind of show some of their colors but cannot convey their vibrancy or the yarn's lovely texture. In person though I love it. I have a feeling if this cardigan lives up to its expectations, that and this color card will make it much easier for my future gift recipients to place their orders...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is creative Keep up the great work. Here's the resolve a lot of people are searching for; how to buy & sell nextel wireless on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

Tracy said...

Don't you hate when you get ads in your comments? Hi Jana! I love your stuff and you rock! I'm sad that I will miss this weekend with you guys but happy to go to the Knit-Out. I'm trying to recruit some friends to join us too.