Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sigh....

I just love this yarn...


This is Bernat Satin and I surprise myself by waxing poetic about something that retails for $2.29 a ball but it really is just so wonderful... Just looking at it in this ball I wound, doesn't it just look like spun sugar? Or like a frosty pink cupcake you could just sink your teeth into? And the thing is, it feels that way too. It is so soft, but not like lofty cotton-y soft, this is like satiny knits-like-a-dream soft. Anyway, I'm using it to start a cardigan for my niece.


The color is 'Seashell.' Of course, what else could this yarn be destined to be but a sweet little sweater for a sweet little girl? I could never make myself anything out of it-for me it's actually too soft, it has no body, it just hangs and kind of squishes around. But for my niece...

Even the seed-stitch border I've barely started already looks so cute! Just one of those times where the yarn, the needles, the process everything just clicks.

In the meantime I have also finished the navy wool v-neck. Well, I've finished the knitting part, I just have to tack down one part of the neckband and block it. I just want to have the recipient try it on first. I know it kills the element of surprise, but I'd rather have someone have a sweater they like and are actually going to wear. And I've promised myself not to post it's picture until it's ultimately done because otherwise, I can be the type of person to have something sit around just because it's missing one little thing like that. But pics will follow, I promise.

4 comments:

Karin said...

That does look adorable. It's machine washable I assume?

Emily H. said...

This whole post is painfully pretty, I have to say.

Anonymous said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Bernat Satin, and believe it or not, I found it for even cheaper! I made myself a sweater for the KO out of it. I'm sure your niece will love the sweater.

Necia

Sayward said...

What pattern are you using? (And at that price, wow!) It looks adorable so far.