Monday, October 09, 2006

The purse is done!



This was a kit from a company called Pussycat2 (the 2 should be raised, like 'Pussycat squared'). I purchased it at Stitches East last year and like I had mentioned before there were a few bumps in the road. Maybe other people have had better experiences with this company but I just happen to think that at $45 (plus $10 for additional yarn + shipping I had to order on my own) I just expected things to go a little more smoothly than they did. Even though I was not able to located Pussycat2 on the internet they are listed as a vendor for the upcoming Stitches East this November. And even though the finished product is very cute and I'm pretty happy with the bag itself I doubt I will be getting another kit this year. In addition to the problems I had along the way (running out of yarn, the embroidery was so poorly charted) the fact that there really was not that much knitting involved in this at all is probably what would be the end dealbreaker for me. It was a good intarsia session, and it was good to be challenged a little, but in the end I spent more time weaving in ends, seaming the pieces together and sewing the lining in than I did actually knitting. I'm glad I did it, I now know the basics of sewing in a lining and I have a cute bag to take out here and there. But unfortunately I doubt I'll be making any further purchases at their booth this year. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to spread my yarn money around elsewhere!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Very cute bag. You should make a paper list of all the things you disliked about your kit and take it to their booth. They may appreciate the feedback and change how they put their kits together so those problems don't happen to someone else.

Kari said...

Love the purse!

Alaina said...

That is so awesome. You are gifted, talented, and patient. I am green with envy!