Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Finished sweater!


Details:

Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple Summer Cardigan #221 This is a top-down raglan sleeve cardigan which means I started with the neck, knit down and then knit the sleeves in tubes and the body back and forth in one piece. Not rocket science, not complicated Fair-Isle that's going to get you oohs and aahs at the next Sheep and Wool Festival, but no seaming involved (which = bliss) and the result is a simple garment that fits and in this case does not make people reel at you and go "Oh did you knit that???" (My non-knitting co-workers said they had no idea it was something I made myself, but who knows they might just be good liars) This is the second Knitting Pure and Simple pattern I've done though and I have to say I would really strongly recommend them as ideal first-sweater pattern suggestions. Not that hard to figure out, and because you can try them on as you knit them, you're more likely to get something that fits you well.

Yarn: Knitpicks Main Line 75% Pima Cotton, 25% Merino Wool I liked this yarn, the only thing that I'm not crazy about is that the colors are very muted, this means the black is not that black, it looks kind of washed. For some reason at one point I worried I was not going to have enough (I chose to make my sweater longer than the pattern suggested) and ended up having like twice as much yarn that was needed. The leftovers? Going back to Knitpicks, to make room for-you guessed it- more yarn.

Model: Why do I look so goofy in this picture? Is this how I usually look at the end of the day? Yeesh! Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the sweater. It's a little heavier than I thought it would be, not sure I'm going to be able to use it as a 'something to throw over your shoulders option' in June and July as I had pictured. However, it was fine for yesterday since this week in Jersey has been cloudy and not that warm at all. Just in time for the pedicure I got last weekend. Of course...

P.S. Thanks so much to Tracy for being my photographer. In addition to taking my picture she also had a sticker like this for each of us last night:


She's such a peach! Thanks Tracer!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Jana. That's an all purpose sweater no doubt!

Necia

Tracy said...

So sorry the picture came out blury, you guys were probably making me laugh like usual. (I can take it again if you want.)

Glad you like the sticker, I thought they were fun, and you guys are fun so it just made sense!

Dorothy said...

It looks great!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking sweater! You look so cute in it too!!!

Kari said...

Very nice sweater. I love cardigans.